Be advised there are two issues affecting Kronos users:
- The latest Java 7 update (Java SE 7 update 40) gives a security warning each time you sign on to Kronos Full (Java).
- Does not affect Java 6 users.
- Does not affect Apple OS X users (Apple is still distributing Java 6 for OS X).
- In Internet Explorer 10, you must turn on “compatibility view” for Kronos to allow access to timecards.
- Does not affect IE9 users.
- Does not affect other browsers.
- The latest Java 7 update gives a security warning each time you sign on to Kronos Full (Java).
The Java 7 update released 9/10 (Java SE 7 update 40) gives you a security warning each time you log on to Kronos Full (Java). Prior to this, starting with Java SE 7 update 21, you could accept the security warning once and subsequent logons to Kronos would remember it. The new behavior is not optional. After you apply Java 7 update 40, the security prompt will appear each time you log on to Kronos.
Please be assured that Kronos is a safe application. The warnings are because it is not yet a signed application. We are working on an update that will make it a signed application, which will eliminate these security warnings.We will implement it as soon as possible.
The security warning looks like this:
- In Internet Explorer 10, you must turn on “compatibility view” for Kronos to view timecards.If you upgrade to Internet Explorer 10 and use Kronos Full (Java), you need to turn on “compatibility view” for Kronos in IE in order to view timecards:
- Navigate to https://www.kronos.cornell.edu/
- Click the “compatibility view” icon at the top, next to the refresh button. Or, from the menu bar, select Tools > Compatibility View.
Note: The “compatibility view” can be toggled on and off so if you click the icon multiple times you may turn compatibility view off. You can verify that it’s on by ensuring that Tools > Compatibility View is checked.
The Kronos vendor is working on a fix to allow Kronos to run in IE10 without requiring compatibility view.
This message is being sent to Net-Admin-L and IT-Cornell-L.